Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I've just taken the first stroll outside in the garden for the year and it's a gorgeous day. The dragonflies were zipping around but my camera, and my skills behind it, were not up to the task of capturing them. This beautiful rose says hello to me every morning when I open the curtains in my bedroom. It's growing over the fence from the neighbours, with weeds at its feet, but I'm not about to prune it back to the fence line as I admire its tenacity. If you go into old abandoned gardens roses always seem to be the one plant that will survive neglect and still be stunning.

 I'm not a believer in New Years Resolutions, or at least the usual suspects of gym memberships and diets. I do believe however in reflecting upon what has been, and I've had a lot to reflect on and have found it a very challenging twelve months. Here is to 2011 being filled with harmony, honesty, creativity and successes, no matter how small, and spending time with the ones you love. Life's beauty is in its imperfection. 

Cin cin 
xx



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too - hope you are settling in to your new home.

    ReplyDelete