Saturday, July 23, 2011


My baby turned 5 a couple of weeks ago, two days before the end of the school term. She is now a big school girl and her bag looks huge on her little shoulders. The middle of winter and we've a battle to get her to wear socks so sometimes it's easier to pick your battles, let them get cold toes, and discover for themselves why Mama knows best.

I made her a book bag similar to the one her big sister has in fabric samples she picked out. I love ric rac.


She was very nervous so I made something just for her to hang on her bag to remind her to be brave...


...and it worked. Courage, a braveheart. I think I need some courage too, and a little bit of magic.

xx

2 comments:

  1. At least it's just socks Flossie! David refused to wear undies...until one day he went to visit my brother on his first plane ride & Michael told him that the flight attendant would be checking for underwear at the top of the steps! ; ) I love ric rac too & the heart that you made...so sweet. Much love Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl to have such a thoughtful mom.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete