Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today has been filled with many tears, and there will be many more of them to come. No matter how many times I experience grief, it still cuts as keenly as the first time. My darling Izzy,  faithful companion and constant shadow unexpectedly passed away last night. I've had 13 years with her, bringing her home on my lap as a tiny bundle of fluff from the farm where she was born. She was never destined to be a working dog and lived a very urban life and slept inside wherever she pleased.

Dearest Iz, I hope you enjoyed your time with us as much as I treasured having you. I'll miss your bark, and your black hair on everything, and your way of following me from room to room no matter what I was doing. Going for a walk will never be the same without your enthusiasm and company. Thank you my darling girl, and I'm so incredibly sad that we couldn't have had a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment